Monday, July 18, 2011

Sports and Life's Lessons

I am surrounded by sports.  My sons live and breathe sports.  Sometimes, it drives me crazy, but I love them, so I have to love sports. 
The truth is sports, in many ways, are much like the game of life. 
With that in mind, I just watched a great interview with Andrew Luck, the quarterback for Stanford.  He is a very mature man with great poise and wisdom beyond his years.
He was talking about being a leader and the type of person you have to be and the kind of actions you must display.
I think this quote is an excellent way to live your life.
Luck said that he tried to lead with this thought in mind, “What you do is so loud, I can’t hear what you say”.
It really is true.  No matter what comes out of a person’s mouth, it is their actions that tell all.
Denise