Sunday, February 07, 2010

Gratitude

Johanna Beyer, a life coach who led our vision board workshop and an Oxygen member, suggested that I start a gratitude journal.  I have to admit at first it seemed like such a small thing to do. I couldn't understand how just writing down three things a day that I was grateful for would make much of a difference.  She said I could write about anything.  It didn't matter whether it was large or small.

So, I started writing each day. I was so surprised at how something which seemed so insignificant could be so telling. First, it forced me to look at the bright side of my day.  I never had any problem finding three things for which to be grateful. Second, I could see a pattern which made me think much more about what I really value.  But, the most important thing is that it made me much more "present" in my day.  For example, my son called me from college and just wanted to chat.  It was so nice to hear his voice and I loved hearing what he was up to.  Normally, I would have just enjoyed the call and moved on, but after I started keeping a gratitude journal, I really appreciated and felt grateful for that call.  I knew it would be one of my big three for the day.

I know this sounds crazy that such a small exercise could improve my outlook, but it does.  I see things that I didn't see before.  I overlooked them because I was so busy or just not paying attention.  Now, I really am grateful.  It's not just lip service.  

if you get a chance, give it a try.

Denise



Johanna ran a Vision Board workshop for the Oxygen Group in November and then followed up with another session in January.  She will be running another session in San Francisco on Sunday, February 28th, from 4 - 7.  Below you will see a description of the workshop and more details.  This workshop will include what was presented in our two sessions.  I really enjoyed her workshop and I think you will too.  If you missed the Oxygen workshop, you may want to try this one.


VISION BOARD WORKSHOP

Are you ready to take the time to think deeply about what you want to create in your life? Take it to the next level by capturing your ideas and creating your own vision board. The clearer you are about what you want to attract into your life, the more possibility there is to manifest it.

Life Coach, Johanna Beyer, will guide you through a hands-on process of creating your very own Vision Board - one that will help you clarify your dreams and inspire you to manifest your most heartfelt goals. You will also learn ways to bring your dreams into your daily life.

A Vision Board is a collage of photographs, pictures and words (on a large sheet of card) representing people, events and things you want to bring into your life. It acts as a reminder about the life you dream of and enables you to focus on starting to make that Dream happen right now.

Sunday, February 28th, 4 - 7.  The cost is $40.

STILLPOINT WELLNESS CENTER
1996 Union St. San Francisco, 3rd Floor

RSVP to Johanna Beyer
More info can be found at:  http://www.onyourpathconsulting.com