Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Inventing The Rest of Our Lives

Two years ago, I felt that I was entering a huge transition.  I knew that much of what I had believed in and the way I had led my life was not going to be enough for the next stage of my life.

I had read a book called, "Inventing The Rest of Our Lives:  Women in Second Adulthood" by Suzanne Braun Levine.  I liked the book so much and what was in it that it inspired me to start an email list and a group for women who might be going through all types of transitions.  At the time, there were 50 women who joined me and I recommended that they read this book.  Now, there are 250 women, so I thought I might suggest it again as there are those of you who have never read it.

Two things Suzanne talks about are learning to let go and learning to say no. These are important skills for women who want to take care of everyone. There are three main issues she addresses:  what matters, what works, and what's next.

Anyway, I really love this book and if you are going through any kind of a transition, I think you will find it very interesting.


Denise